Internship Communication & Team Support (100%)
Immediate or upon agreement / 6-12 months
In Ostermundigen near Berne, Switzerland
The World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry is an independent non-profit and non-governmental association formed by sports brands, manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, national federations and other sporting goods industry related businesses. It plays a strategic role in the support and promotion of the sporting goods industry worldwide and is officially recognized by the IOC as the industry representative within the Olympic family. More about us: www.wfsgi.org
Have you just finished education (university studies) or have you not yet completed your studies and wish to conclude a year of practice - then continue reading.
Are you ready to make your first experience in an international association? Are you fluent in English (written and spoken)? Are you a person with excellent organizational and communication skills that can take initiative? Then you are the person we are looking for. Our small association is growing rapidly and we are ready to give you the right start for your career.
The Intern’s tasks will be to support the WFSGI in all assigned projects that shall contribute to optimise the service and/or relationship with the WFSGI members, Regional Organisations, Committees, UN agencies, Governments, International Sport Federations and the IOC. Your working place will be in Ostermundigen near Berne.
The internship will give you valuable, real-world experience as well as provide the WFSGI with additional support. Responsibilities will include project support, research and verification work, administrative support, prepare and draft letters and coordination activities.
- Support the Communication Team in all aspects (administrative tasks, organize the daily work and back-up office)
- Prepare meetings, events or trade shows and in certain cases participate at meetings to ensure the organizational part is running well
- Organize workshops/webinars/conference calls according to needs and in collaboration with experts and members
- Assist in improving membership management
- Assist in creating newsletters, press releases, social media
- Support and lead the development of the WFSGI website
- WFSGI’s social media engagement (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, etc.)
- Bachelor or Master in Media and Communication, Economics or Marketing (or in process)
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken (German/French an advantage)
- Reliable, responsible, dynamic, flexible, creative and independent personality with good team spirit
- Good organizational skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, InDesign, Photoshop, Social Media and CMS)
- Photo and Video skills desired
- 1st working experience in an international company in the sporting goods industry
- Unique insight into various different fields of activity in the sporting goods sector
- Work in environment with rapidly evolving focal points and varying fields of attention
- Contact to wide range of international sporting goods companies
- Develop opportunities with independent and innovative work in a small team
- Opportunity to help shape by means of creativity and personal commitment to the field of work and operating environment of the WFSGI
- Advanced working conditions
If you are looking to start a challenge in a sportive environment then we are looking forward to receiving your written application and a detailed CV electronically until January 12, 2018:
WFSGI - World Federation of Sporting Goods Industry
Stefanie Burkert, Vice President External & Strategic Affairs, Communication
Email : email@example.com